Thursday, May 9, 2013

Emily's Juicing Journey, Day 4

You know...I thought it'd get easier as I went along...but it doesn't.

Last night I had Community Group and Hope made (FROM SCRATCH) chicken pot pie (with a Gordon Ramsey recipe for the crust) and a cobbler...I got there early for discipleship and got to watch her make it all...with my stomach gurgling the entire time. I have a bottle of juice that I brought with me in the fridge. Do I stay true to the plan? Do I give in a little? Is one bite really gonna hurt all that much??

I sat through the entire meal watching all 9 other women eat this delicious food while sipping my juice. And...I'm going to admit it - I finally couldn't take it anymore. I caved. And I had 2 bites of chicken pot pie. Everyone asked why I was juicing, what was the reason, what my plan was...and you know, unlike some of my other friends who have had negative responses when I said I'm still eating lunch (and not juicing 24/7) these women were really supportive of me and saying 'you know what? it's ok that you had 2 bites of pot pie.' I didn't eat any cobbler, though it was offered - NO SUGAR!

I still feel like I've failed, to a degree. I've always struggled when it comes to food - portion control, eating the right things, eating out of boredom vs. eating out of hunger...and it feels like I caved last night. But you know what? I woke up this morning and went on a run. I came home and I juiced my breakfast (some variation of the fruit/veggie medley I've been using), brought in juice for lunch, and have my lunch in the fridge. Here's what I'm eating for lunch:


Smoked Salmon, Whole Grain, Seeded Bread, Sharp Cheddar, Olives, Mustard
(protein, grain, dairy, sodium)


Spinach, Kale, Celery, Apple, Kiwi, Strawberry, Rhubarb, Lime, Ginger

Throughout this process, I'm not only going to work on eating better/getting healthier, but try to also work on my relationship with food. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment