Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Stroll, June 2nd

There's just something about Sunday mornings that I love - they're so refreshing! Like...the workweek is the workweek and Saturday mornings are for being lazy and sleeping in, but when a sunny Sunday morning hits, I feel energized and want to tackle the world and get my life in order!

I woke up at 8 am to sunlight streaming into my bedroom windows and decided that I'd throw on a sundress and head out to see what I could find...


Today marked the first Sunday of The Davis Flea


Vendors were all set up - lots of great furniture (I was reeeeeeeeally tempted by an easel and a table I saw), a few antiques, vintage clothes and jewelry, and some local produce and foodstuffs 


Tempting furniture


Had my eye on this shelving unit


I *wish* I had a space big enough for this handmade table - I can just picture it in my living room with a mint green couch and white accent pillows and yellow walls...


Dad - I thought of you! It's a Cobra record player - the little needle-thingy that plays the records looks like an actual snake head!


I then went on an excursion to 3 Little Figs, a cheerful coffee shop on Highland Ave.


NOMS - tasty-looking baked goodies


I loved the interior - bright pops of color, lots of white, and plenty of windows to let the sunshine in


I felt like I walked into an ad for Etsy


Gonna place my order...


I opted for the Egg Breakfast Sandwich (the only savory breakfast option) and the Apple Cider Donut Muffin along with an iced mocha


The sandwich was tasty, but I have to be honest - I was more in love with the colorful plate it was served on than the sandwich itself. Won't be ordering it again, but I'm glad I tried it...


Sugar to the max - I wasn't too impressed with the donut muffin either. It was really really dry and nothing to write home about. The one thing I *loved* was the iced mocha - not too sweet. I don't think it's worth going out of your way to try 3 Little Figs, but if you're in the area, you should definitely stop in for some great coffee (I'll be going back for more!).


Trying to get my tan on...I don't think it's working...


Successful Sunday - purchased some *freshly picked* (as in THAT MORNING) bok choy (no pesticides either!) from Dick's Market Garden at the flea market. I think I'll try grilling it! 

Soon I'll be writing up a Restaurant Rundown of Hana Sushi!

Cheers,

-Em

1 comment: