Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Great Grillin'

You know...handling a grill isn't really all that hard! I dunno why I didn't start doing this sooner - gives your food that great smoky flavor and can be a healthier option since you're not frying things up in a bunch of oil or butter...

I bought baby bok choy at the Davis Flea on Sunday and decided I wanted to grill it. I had some sweet potatoes that I needed to use up and stopped by the grocery store to grab some shrimp and I had me a little grillin' party:


The setup

Prep - I marinated the shrimp in lime juice, rice oil, and chili flakes before skewering them; I boiled the sweet potato circles in water (a trick I learned from my dad) first so they wouldn't take so long on the grill, then drizzled some honey over them; I mixed bean paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, rice oil, fish sauce, and chili flakes and coated the bok choy. 


I then proceeded to grill everything (NOMS)


Doesn't that just look spectacular???


Finished product (and lunch for this week!)


Now...while I can be a grown up and handle a grill, my inner child still comes out. I couldn't resist picking up a box of one of my childhood favorites - chocolate graham crackers - and dunking them in cold milk :)

Any suggestions of other things I should try grilling? I'll definitely be using it more this summer!

Cheers,

-Em


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another boo-boo, I meant to say the marinade doesn't sound hard to make, and I like simple!

    ReplyDelete